B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- 8 Semesters
- Admission through JEE(Main) as per guidelines of MHRD
Download: B.Tech Curriculum [PDF]
Program Educational Objectives
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has developed and maintained a well-defined set of educational objectives and desired program outcomes. Educational objectives of the program cater to the requirements of the stakeholders such as students, parents, employers, alumni, faculty etc. The program educational objectives are as follows:
PEO1: Provide graduates with a strong foundation in mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to enable them to devise and deliver efficient solutions to challenging problems in Electronics, Communications and allied disciplines.
PEO2: Impart analytic and thinking skills to develop initiatives and innovative ideas for R&D, Industry and societal requirements.
PEO3: Provide sound theoretical and practical knowledge of E&C Engineering, managerial and entrepreneurial skills to enable students to contribute to the well being of society with a global outlook.
PEO4: Inculcate qualities of teamwork as well as social, interpersonal and leadership skills and an ability to adapt to evolving professional environments in the domains of engineering and technology.
PEO5: Motivate graduates to become good human beings and responsible citizens for the overall welfare of the society.
- Ability to apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering in Electronics and Communications.
- Ability to Design & Conduct Experiments, as well as Analyze & Interpret Data.
- Ability to design a System, Component, or Process to meet desired needs with in realistic constraints such as Economic, Environmental, Social, Ethical, Manufacturability, and Sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to Identify, Formulate & Solve problems in the area of Electronics and Communications Engineering.
- An understanding of Professional and Ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- A broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a Global, Economic, Environmental, and Societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.